At the Carmel New Church School in Kitchener, we know that Christmas is a wonderful and important time not only for celebrating the birth of Jesus, but for spending time with family.
However, after having two weeks off from school, it can be difficult for some students to re-establish school routines. Here are a few suggestions to ease this transition.
- A few days before school resumes, return to regular bedtimes. Avoid delay tactics like “I’m not tired yet.” Explain the importance of getting enough rest, especially during the school week.
- Restore computer/TV time limits.
- Return to your regular organizational routines. Be prepared with packed lunches and any needed school supplies. Guiding your child through these routines will help lessen the frustration for both you and your child.
- Get back to a healthy diet by eating well-balanced meals and snacks.
- Go for a walk or encourage your children to play outside after school, as this added exercise will help them sleep better.
- Re-introduce positive homework habits.
It’s important to hit the ground running after the Christmas Break and get your child back to their regular schedule. Re-establishing routines will set your child up for success in the new year.
To learn more about the Carmel New Church School in Kitchener, please contact us!
Leave a Comment